Achieve Your Dream Smile at Any Age
Many adults think that orthodontic treatment is the realm of children and teenagers — but that could not be further from the truth! In fact, countless adults have committed to braces in Plano or Invisalign, and they have achieved stunning results. Dr. Ulasik of Independence Dental is proud to provide orthodontic treatment for adults in order to help them achieve healthier, more attractive, and more confident smiles.
Orthodontics for Kids vs. Orthodontics for Adults
Orthodontics for both children and adults work on the same principle: the oral appliances, such as brackets and wires or clear aligners, apply gentle pressure to the teeth. Over time, the teeth gradually move into their proper positions.
With that being said, it is important to bear in mind that orthodontic treatment for adults may be more complex than it is for children. That is due to the fact that adults’ bones are harder and have stopped developing, which can make tooth movement slower. Past dental extractions, gum infections, and worn-down teeth may also have a bearing on how your treatment progresses. At the beginning of your treatment journey, your dentist in Plano will consider all such factors and help you to have realistic expectations for what braces or Invisalign can accomplish for you.
Getting Started with Adult Orthodontic Treatment
If you’re interested in achieving a straighter smile, request an appointment with Dr. Ulasik. After she examines your teeth and takes some X-rays, she can get started on designing your treatment plan. During your consultation, feel free to ask questions. For example, you might ask:
- What are the pros and cons of Invisalign vs traditional braces?
- How long might my treatment take?
- What tips can you offer to help me adjust to life with braces or Invisalign?
- How much will my treatment cost?
- After you gain a realistic vision of the journey ahead of you, you can make an informed decision about your treatment.
Is Orthodontic Treatment for Adults Worth It?
Many adults hold back from committing to orthodontic treatment. They may think that braces or Invisalign will be embarrassing, or that the oral health benefits are not worth the expense. However, most adults who undergo treatment have no regrets about their decision. Some of the many benefits you can experience include:
- A more beautiful smile. People with straight, healthy teeth are often perceived as being more attractive than those with obvious dental issues.
- Fresher breath. Crooked teeth tend to capture bacteria and food particles between them, leading to unpleasant odors. Straight teeth are easier to clean and can give you the confidence to speak, laugh, and kiss without worry.
- A lower risk of oral health problems. Individuals with well-aligned teeth are at a lower risk of TMJ disorder, dental decay, and premature wear and tear on their teeth.
Would you like to learn if adult orthodontic treatment is right for you? Contact Independence Dental today to get started on your journey to a healthier, more attractive smile.