Love Your Smile
You may not think about your gums all that much, but if you have too much or too little periodontal (gum) tissue covering up your teeth, your smile probably doesn’t look as beautiful as it could. Gum contouring from your cosmetic dentist in Plano can help! Dr. Nastassia Ulasik is truly passionate about helping her patients enjoy beautiful smiles, and many times, that is accomplished through gum contouring. Keep reading to learn more about this procedure, including how it works and whether or not it could be the answer for your smile.
What Is Gum Contouring?
Gum contouring is a procedure that your cosmetic dentist may recommend to enhance the appearance of your gum tissue. This treatment can be an excellent solution in two cases:
- Excess gums: If you have a “gummy smile,” where too much gum tissue is covering up the tooth enamel, gum contouring works by removing the extra tissue to expose more of the pearly white enamel lies beneath.
- Uneven gum line: Sometimes, there will be too much gum coverage in a specific area — and not enough in another. Gum contouring can even out the gum line to reveal a perfect, even smile.
What Are the Benefits of Gum Contouring?
In terms of cosmetic dentistry, where the goal is helping you to achieve a smile that you can’t wait to show off, gum contouring offers a number of benefits. Some of the most significant advantages of this procedure include:
- If your teeth are pearly white, even, and otherwise healthy, gum contouring may be the thing you are missing for flashing your most confident smile.
- Gum contouring is a minimally-invasive procedure.
- Evening out an uneven gum line can reduce sensitivity by covering up tooth roots.
- Gum contouring used as a follow-up procedure to porcelain veneers can be especially effective.
- With solid oral hygiene habits, the results from gum contouring can last for decades!
Is Gum Contouring Right for Me?
Dr. Ulasik takes the time to really understand her patients and their smile goals before recommending any procedure. After a careful evaluation — one where you will feel truly listened to, and heard — she will start you on a treatment plan to help you achieve the smile of your dreams. If that includes gum contouring, she will look forward to getting started right away.
This procedure may be right for you if:
- You feel self-conscious about the appearance of a gummy smile.
- Your gum line is uneven or if you have areas of gum recession.
- You have had gum disease and are seeking to replace missing gum tissue.
- You have just gotten porcelain veneers and would like to fine-tune your smile to look its very best!
Let’s Talk More about Gum Contouring
If you are interested in learning more about this wonderful cosmetic procedure, we encourage you not to wait another day to find out whether or not it’s right for you. Contact Independence Dental to book an appointment with Dr. Ulasik today!