Take Advantage of Your Dental Benefits with a Dentist in Plano
The end of the year is right around the corner and there’s never been a better time to make full use of your dental benefits. It’s a myth that dental insurance is something that only gets used when a specific dental treatment is required — such as a root canal or dental crown. In reality, you can use your benefits almost any time you go to the dentist, including for a checkup and cleaning or emergency visit. If you don’t want to lose your earned dental benefits, we highly advise that you schedule your dental appointment with your dentist before 2019 starts.
Why is it important to use your dental benefits now?
If you are participating in an employer’s health and dental plan, you typically have to pay a part of the cost for dental premium. Your contribution to dental insurance is deducted each pay period from your paycheck. If you calculate the total amount you pay each year toward a dental benefits policy, it is a significant amount. The majority of dental benefits have a dental maximum which expires each year. The amount of money a dental plan has is fixed per each year and the whole amount will expire for 2018 in just a few weeks! Why not use your dental insurance benefits now? You’ve already paid for them!
You’ve still got time to use your benefits!
Have you had two regular check-ups this year? The majority of insurance companies cover preventative care visits. The idea is simple- insurance companies promote dental health and don’t want to pay high fees for your extensive dental work. Therefore, they would rather prevent costly dental work by covering preventative care. Below are some of the services that are either fully or mostly covered by dental insurance.
- COMPREHENSIVE DENTAL EXAM – Your visit to our office is all about you- your comfort, your happiness, and your health. You will meet Dr. Ulasik, your dentist in Plano, and together you will review your dental history forms, medical history forms, and you will discuss your goals and care.
- DIGITAL X-RAYS AND DIGITAL PANORAMIC X-RAY – Digital x-rays use over 90% less radiation than conventional x-rays. Full mouth x-rays help Dr.Ulasik to identify if there are any deficiencies in your oral health.
- CUSTOM TREATMENT PLAN – will be designed just for your needs. Dr.Ulasik will study your digital x-rays, check your teeth and gums, and design a custom dental treatment plan just for you.
- REGULAR CHECK-UP AND DENTAL CLEANING – a regular checkup and dental cleaning is an important part of a healthy smile. The American Dental Association recommends visiting the dentist every six months for regular checkups and routine teeth cleaning to keep your teeth and gums healthy.
- GUMS DEEP CLEANING – when extensive plaque and calculus present, your doctor may recommend a deep cleaning for your gums. Periodontal (gum) disease is very common. After a periodontal evaluation, Dr. Ulasik will discuss if a deep cleaning would be a better option for you.
About Our Office
We believe that comprehensive, affordable dental care is what all of our patients deserve. For this reason, we are in-network with major insurance providers. If you have more questions about your dental insurance benefits, give us a call (972) 915-0400 and we will make sure we answer all of your questions.